Monday, April 15, 2013

Kindergarten Roundup...what?!?

This past Thursday, we headed to Kindergarten Roundup at the school Hudson will be attending next year.  Since we are moving, he will be going to a different school than the one I taught at.  I have to say, it was weird walking in a school and not knowing any of the teachers.  Once we got in though, and started making our way through the different stations and then finally to the Kindergarten hallway, I was so pleased with everyone we met.  They were all SO nice and I was so impressed with all of the teachers. As a former Kindergarten teacher, I have a whole new perspective on the parent side!!!  Hudson was pretty shy and stuck to our sides pretty tight, but seemed to be in awe of how big the classrooms were.  He really opened up to two of the teachers.  I know he'll feel at home before we know it, but I have to admit that I had a lump in my throat walking in.  I still can't believe how fast the time has gone...it blows my mind.
Here's to my sweet boy loving his first year of school!!

No comments: