Monday, December 8, 2008

Kansas Wedding

Whew...what a fast and furious weekend! This past week Kelly was out of town on a hunting trip. My cousin was getting married in Kansas, so I bravely boarded a plane with just Hudson and flew to Oklahoma to meet up with family and then head to Kansas for the wedding. Now, this was Hudson's 3rd time flying but the 1st time flying with just me. Needless to say I was very worried about it since he is in SUPER ACTIVE mode when he is awake. The hardest part was going through security. Not only do you have to take off your shoes, but they made me take Hudson's shoes off too and I had to wrestle with folding the stroller up and putting it on the belt with one hand while people just stand there and stare. It was quite interesting, but we made it! (I'm sure I was a sight to see pushing the stroller with one hand and pulling a suit case with the other!) He was wonderful on the flight out there and several people commented on how good he was...yea Hudson! Now for the rest of the weekend...ha ha! I didn't exactly get to see the wedding ceremony. Hudson decided he wanted to talk and then scream, so we found toys in the church lobby and had a grand time playing. By the time we arrived at the reception it was past Hudson's dinner AND bed time, but he held it together pretty well. He did start to get delirious at one point, but it was very cute!
Shani, Geoff, and I
Hudson, Paw-Paw, Nana, Dena, Shani, Geoff
Paw-Paw was trying to feel all of Hudson's molars that are starting to come in and Hudson thought it would be a good idea to check out Paw-Paw's molars too.
Delirium was setting in...can you tell?? Hudson and Nana were playing in the hotel lobby. (By the way, Hudson did have a different outfit on for the wedding, but after eating lunch in the car the outfit wasn't up for a wedding anymore! Babies can wear jeans to weddings right??)

The Big 12 Championship game was the same night as the wedding. At one point Shani and I looked around and wondered where all of the boys had disappeared to. Guess where we found them? The hotel bar of course! They had to see those Sooners win!
Uncle Geoff taking Hudson for a ride on his shoulders. Shortly after this Hudson went up and went to bed. Nana stayed with him so Shani and I could go back down and enjoy the reception. Thanks Nana! Sadly, I didn't get a picture of Hudson with cousin Brandy in her wedding dress. :( Hudson didn't enjoy sleeping in the hotel and didn't particularly enjoy the plane ride back either. Tired babies and plane rides don't mix! Once I figured out that he wanted to walk back and forth in our little row of seats he was fine though. Daddy was home by the time we got back and Hudson was so excited to see him. What a fun weekend!


Kara Wilson said...

I am so impressed that you flew by yourself with Hudson!!! So glad you had fun, safe trip! Hudson looks like he was the life of the party! So cute!!

Annie said...

It was so fun seeing yall today! You are such a trooper flying by yourself! I have yet to conquer that one!!! Hope your pics turned out well, I am trying to scan mine in right now, on the look out for cards now!

The Kilgore Corral said...

I absolutely love the molar and delirium pictures! He is too sweet.

Grow with Griffin said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! He doesn't even appear tired! Can't wait to see you on Friday!